My family is a middle class, Caucasian family. Everyone in my family is hard working and strives to be successful. All the members of my family are so different. Some women stay home and are homemakers, some women work. Some family members attend church regularly, some just on the holidays. No matter the differences we face, we are a true southern family. We love each other and love spending time together. We sit on the front porch with glasses of sweet tea and tell stories, talk about old times, laugh, and cry. There aren't many stereotypes that my family fits, but this one definitely fits. One thing that never fails to bring our family together is food. I believe food is a huge part of southern culture. My great-grandmother was known for bringing food to people around the neighborhood. My grandmother is known around town for her baking. My mom is quickly gaining a reputation for her pound cakes, and I have gained a love of cooking from them. We love sharing recipes and passing them down. I make chicken and pound cake the exact same way my great grandmother did it many years ago.



No comments:
Post a Comment